Ben Stein, while promoting his film Expelled back in February, appeared on a Christian chat show and blamed scientists for the Holocaust.
"When we just saw that man- I think it was Mr. Myers- talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed … that was horrifying beyond words, and that’s where science — in my opinion, this is just an opinion — that’s where science leads you."
Of course it's also possible that religion, not science, influenced the Nazis. Martin Luther wrote a tract entitled The Jews and their Lies, which may have set the stage for Hitler's anti-semitism. Any glance at history shows you that Protestants, Catholics, Jews, and Islamists have been torturing and slaughtering one another for hundreds of years.
- ► 2011 (91)
- ► 2010 (29)
- Who would Jesus torture?
- The Usual Suspects
- Super Expenditures
- Uncivil wars
- Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody ...
- Righteous, God-fearing Conservatives Attack!
- Year in Rebuke: Science fictions
- Year in Rebuke: Major Awards
- Year in rebuke: econocataclysm
- The Year in Rebuked: Part 3
- The year in Rebuked: Stat Attack
- My New Year's Resolutions
- The Year in Rebuked: Part 1
- ▼ January (14)